Vintage Moroccan Rug - Aziza
- One-of-a-kind Rug. Only 1 available!
- Inventory on the way
Want to add a touch of cultural heritage to your home decor? Look no further than this Vintage Authentic Moroccan Berber Rug. It is hand-woven by skilled Berber artisans and shows the timeless beauty and cultural history of Morocco. It is hand-spun and hand-knotted using traditional methods and high-quality natural wool from Rehamna plains-raised sheep.
This Vintage Moroccan Rug features an array of elegant female lozenges scattered harmoniously over a warm reddish-orange wool ground, highlighted by a zigzag pattern outlining this carpet's borders.
With a dimension of 238x155cm - 7' 10" x 5' 1", this Berber Rug will make an impressive addition to any space and provide years of enjoyment.
- Handmade by Berber artisans
- Cultural heritage & timeless beauty
- Made with high-quality natural wool
- Elegant female lozenges design
- Zigzag border pattern
- Warm reddish-orange wool ground
- Perfect for adding cultural touch to a home
- Boho & bohemian style
- Impressive 238x155cm size
- Durable & long-lasting
Originating from the Rehamna Province around the plains of Marrakesh, Rehamna rugs take influence from various weaving tribes in the north of the region to create beautiful pieces that mix numerous fabrics and designs. Goats hair is often used as a base for these complex rugs, with the berber culture being woven into each and every stretch.
Because a large proportion of our Berber rugs are one-off, unique vintage items, you’ll find that some of them show signs of use. Having been woven for personal use, you should expect some wear and tear or imperfections, but don’t worry! Our items are authentic Moroccan rugs that have been woven to tell the stories of their rich history, and as such your item will come with a beauty and character that can’t possibly be emulated with a mass-produced rug. Even though you might find some signs of use, these will simply add to the incredible story of the piece!
All of our product images are taken in natural daylight, so that we can portray the rug as closely as possible on screen to how it will look in real life, and the good news is that if you’d like to see a particular item photographed in different lighting, then we can easily arrange this for you! Just send us an email with the item you’re considering, and we’ll get some extra photos for you to help you visualise how it might look once it’s placed in your home.
Just remember, the items may change in appearance when they’re placed under different artificial lighting, so play around with the light in your home to find out which space best fits your rug.
Our Moroccan Berber vintage rugs are truly authentic and might show some irregularities or signs of wear. We will endeavor to provide all the information we can about condition of the rug so you know exactly what you are getting. However, we want you to be delighted with your purchase, so if you are not completely happy, you may exchange within 7 days of purchase- provided that it is returned in its original condition. In order to return an item, please contact us within seven days of your purchase. We are unable to refund any shipping fees incurred for returned items. We do not accept returns on items.
When your new vintage Berber rug arrives, you should already have a good understanding of any irregularities or signs of wear, but to keep it in the best shape we recommend you carry out a regular upkeep and care plan. Throughout the day, dirt can become embedded in the thick fibres of Moroccan rugs, and so removing this dirt regularly can significantly improve its longevity.
- At least once every week, you should shake the rug outside to remove any dust and dirt, and regularly vacuum the rug to reach more stubborn spots. Maintaining your rug in this way will slow down the aging process and be sufficient for daily use as wool is generally self-cleaning, especially when hung outside in fresh air to help disperse odors.
- Your rug might shed some fluff when you first receive it, but don’t worry! This is just the excess fibres that were not incorporated into the yarn during the spinning process, and as you vacuum the rug this fluff will slowly lessen and leave you with a rug in perfect condition.
Any spills will require fast attention.
- Before a stain can dry, immediately blot it with a towel and warm water, and avoid rubbing too hard as this can damage the fibres.
- If you’d like to get your rug professionally cleaned, avoid any ‘in-house’ services, and seek an ‘off-site’ clean with a trained professional, as this is the best way to guarantee a controlled environment.
Finally, remember that every 1-2 years you should rotate your rug to ensure even wear.
If you need any further support, then we’re always on hand to provide advice!