Vintage Moroccan Rug - Priest
- One-of-a-kind Rug. Only 1 available!
- Inventory on the way
Bring the rich history and tradition of Morocco into your home with this Vintage Moroccan Berber Azilal Rug! It is handcrafted from the finest wool and is a real treasure that will survive for many years. This rug is the picture of understated elegance with its solid backdrop of sunset-hued colors and beautiful tribal patterns. The exquisite jewel patterns and distinctive human forms are symbols that have a long history and have been passed down through the ages.
This Authentic Moroccan Rug measures 230x157cm (7' 7" x 5' 2") which is the perfect size to add a touch of exotic charm to any room in your home. Whether you're looking to anchor a living room, bedroom, or entryway, this Moroccan Tapestry is the perfect choice.
Experience the authentic Moroccan vibe in your home and add this beautiful wool area rug to your collection today!
- Made of 100% wool
- Measures 6.56 ft x 9.84 ft
- Rich sunset hue background
- Unique elements of symbolism and meaning
- Heirloom quality carries traditions of the past
- Can be used as an area rug or Bohemian wall art
- Adds boho design to any room
- Exquisite craftsmanship embodies ancient heritage
Around 100 miles northeast of Marrakesh, you’ll find Azilal, at the heart of the High Atlas mountains. Originally a home for the various Amazigh tribes to gather, the spot is now known for its intricately designed and decorated tribal rugs, with their bold geometric patterns. However, it’s the incredible berber symbols and motifs that truly make Azilal rugs a hit with interior designers around the world! If you’re looking for a vibrant, colorful Moroccan rug, then an Azilal piece is right for you – they typically use brighter colors, including reds, saffron, turquoise and ivory, than their Beni Ourain counterparts, which makes them the perfect fit for bohemian style interiors.
Because a large proportion of our Berber rugs are one-off, unique vintage items, you’ll find that some of them show signs of use. Having been woven for personal use, you should expect some wear and tear or imperfections, but don’t worry! Our items are authentic Moroccan rugs that have been woven to tell the stories of their rich history, and as such your item will come with a beauty and character that can’t possibly be emulated with a mass-produced rug. Even though you might find some signs of use, these will simply add to the incredible story of the piece!
All of our product images are taken in natural daylight, so that we can portray the rug as closely as possible on screen to how it will look in real life, and the good news is that if you’d like to see a particular item photographed in different lighting, then we can easily arrange this for you! Just send us an email with the item you’re considering, and we’ll get some extra photos for you to help you visualise how it might look once it’s placed in your home.
Just remember, the items may change in appearance when they’re placed under different artificial lighting, so play around with the light in your home to find out which space best fits your rug.
Our Moroccan Berber vintage rugs are truly authentic and might show some irregularities or signs of wear. We will endeavor to provide all the information we can about condition of the rug so you know exactly what you are getting. However, we want you to be delighted with your purchase, so if you are not completely happy, you may exchange within 7 days of purchase- provided that it is returned in its original condition. In order to return an item, please contact us within seven days of your purchase. We are unable to refund any shipping fees incurred for returned items. We do not accept returns on items.
When your new vintage Berber rug arrives, you should already have a good understanding of any irregularities or signs of wear, but to keep it in the best shape we recommend you carry out a regular upkeep and care plan. Throughout the day, dirt can become embedded in the thick fibres of Moroccan rugs, and so removing this dirt regularly can significantly improve its longevity.
- At least once every week, you should shake the rug outside to remove any dust and dirt, and regularly vacuum the rug to reach more stubborn spots. Maintaining your rug in this way will slow down the aging process and be sufficient for daily use as wool is generally self-cleaning, especially when hung outside in fresh air to help disperse odors.
- Your rug might shed some fluff when you first receive it, but don’t worry! This is just the excess fibres that were not incorporated into the yarn during the spinning process, and as you vacuum the rug this fluff will slowly lessen and leave you with a rug in perfect condition.
Any spills will require fast attention.
- Before a stain can dry, immediately blot it with a towel and warm water, and avoid rubbing too hard as this can damage the fibres.
- If you’d like to get your rug professionally cleaned, avoid any ‘in-house’ services, and seek an ‘off-site’ clean with a trained professional, as this is the best way to guarantee a controlled environment.
Finally, remember that every 1-2 years you should rotate your rug to ensure even wear.
If you need any further support, then we’re always on hand to provide advice!