Vintage Moroccan Rug - Izil
- One-of-a-kind Rug. Only 1 available!
- Inventory on the way
Are you looking to add a touch of bohemian charm to your home decor with a one-of-a-kind piece of Moroccan art? This Vintage Moroccan Boucherouite Rug is the perfect addition for anyone looking to add some color and cultural vibes to their space. Handwoven using recycled materials, this abstract tapestry art is not only a beautiful piece but also an eco-friendly one.
The combination of vibrant hues and unique patterns makes it not just a functional floor mat, but also a piece of bohemian wall art that will add a pop of personality to any room. This Bohemian Wall Art is a true work of art, steeped in history and tradition, and ready to bring a touch of the exotic to your home.
With its bright, colorful design, this Abstract Tapestry Art creates a vibrant atmosphere in any room. Perfect as an eye-catching floor mat or wall art, it's sure to become the focal point of your home décor.
- Adds bohemian charm to any room
- The focal point of home décor
- Vibrant atmosphere creator
- Hand-woven by skilled Berber women
- Made from recycled materials
- Vibrant hues and unique patterns
- Doubles as a floor mat and wall art
- Steeped in history and tradition
- Adds a pop of personality to any room
Not to be outdone, the Boucherouite is a
popular choice among berber rug enthusiasts worldwide, particularly those who
have an eye for foreign art. Woven from recycled non-wool materials, they also
offer a sustainable rug choice for people whose interior design is shaped by a
love for the planet. The fact that these authentic rugs are so wonderfully
crafted with used materials shows the incredible talent of berber women as they
create spectacular works of art.
There’s a reason why Boucherouite rugs are found
in hotels, galleries and guest houses – their beauty truly transcends language barriers
and personal tastes.
Because a large proportion of our Berber rugs are one-off, unique vintage items, you’ll find that some of them show signs of use. Having been woven for personal use, you should expect some wear and tear or imperfections, but don’t worry! Our items are authentic Moroccan rugs that have been woven to tell the stories of their rich history, and as such your item will come with a beauty and character that can’t possibly be emulated with a mass-produced rug. Even though you might find some signs of use, these will simply add to the incredible story of the piece!
All of our product images are taken in natural daylight, so that we can portray the rug as closely as possible on screen to how it will look in real life, and the good news is that if you’d like to see a particular item photographed in different lighting, then we can easily arrange this for you! Just send us an email with the item you’re considering, and we’ll get some extra photos for you to help you visualise how it might look once it’s placed in your home.
Just remember, the items may change in appearance when they’re placed under different artificial lighting, so play around with the light in your home to find out which space best fits your rug.
Our Moroccan Berber vintage rugs are truly authentic and might show some irregularities or signs of wear. We will endeavor to provide all the information we can about condition of the rug so you know exactly what you are getting. However, we want you to be delighted with your purchase, so if you are not completely happy, you may exchange within 7 days of purchase- provided that it is returned in its original condition. In order to return an item, please contact us within seven days of your purchase. We are unable to refund any shipping fees incurred for returned items. We do not accept returns on items.
When your new vintage Berber rug arrives, you should already have a good understanding of any irregularities or signs of wear, but to keep it in the best shape we recommend you carry out a regular upkeep and care plan. Throughout the day, dirt can become embedded in the thick fibres of Moroccan rugs, and so removing this dirt regularly can significantly improve its longevity.
- At least once every week, you should shake the rug outside to remove any dust and dirt, and regularly vacuum the rug to reach more stubborn spots. Maintaining your rug in this way will slow down the aging process and be sufficient for daily use as wool is generally self-cleaning, especially when hung outside in fresh air to help disperse odors.
- Your rug might shed some fluff when you first receive it, but don’t worry! This is just the excess fibres that were not incorporated into the yarn during the spinning process, and as you vacuum the rug this fluff will slowly lessen and leave you with a rug in perfect condition.
Any spills will require fast attention.
- Before a stain can dry, immediately blot it with a towel and warm water, and avoid rubbing too hard as this can damage the fibres.
- If you’d like to get your rug professionally cleaned, avoid any ‘in-house’ services, and seek an ‘off-site’ clean with a trained professional, as this is the best way to guarantee a controlled environment.
Finally, remember that every 1-2 years you should rotate your rug to ensure even wear.
If you need any further support, then we’re always on hand to provide advice!